Succession Planning is the ongoing, systemised process of identifying, developing and retaining your organisations ‘high potential’ individuals. The intent is to create a talent pipeline to ensure key leadership positions and critical roles are occupied by appropriately skilled people now and in the future. This process is fundamentally guided by the strategy, business performance and the requirements set at each level / job role.
Who should be considered talent? What do you do to develop talent once identified? Who should stay in the talent pool? The key components of our programme strategies include;
- Determining what factors are critical for success in your organisation.
- Creating a competency model.
- Determining key roles and career paths throughout the organisation.
- Having a process to identify employees who possess required skills or can be coached and trained to attain the necessary skills in the future.
- Spending the necessary time and resources to prepare individuals for future roles.